First, I stamped Madeleine into the centre of a piece of gelli card using black Archival ink. I masked her off before pulling a background gelli print using buff titanium acrylic paint.
I kept her masked off while I pulled another print using gold acrylic and the cogs stencil.
I masked off Madeleine again, and used make-up sponges to smear colour into the background. I used stream and wild plum Adirondack inks, and wild honey Distress ink.
Then I coloured in Madeleine with Spectrum Noir pencils and trimmed the artwork back. Here you can also see that I have added colour to the paper I used to blot when pulling my gelli prints. I think this could work in the background.
In addition, I also brushed the same colours through the same stencil onto a plain white card blank.
Now it was just a case of mounting everything. I used charcoal to define some of the cogs and to create a bit of shadow around Madeleine and added "Inspire" from the word chains.
My other half doesn't quite get this design, he can't see why the cogs should have such a prominent place on a feminine card. I have to say that this feels a bit like me: there is so much going on at the moment, the wheels inside my head never seem to stop turning!
Hope you like it.. I'd love it if you could take time to leave a comment. Good luck to everyone else in the challenge. Till next time. Xxx