First, I tried a couple of pieces using the following Distress ink pads: Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick, Tumbled Glass and Cracked Pistachio; and then using a White Brilliance ink pad through the Claritystamp stencil: Jo's Bubbles.
This was the first one; ok, but I was a little bit heavy handed with the white. Let's see what I can do next time.
This was my second effort: better pleased with this one.
Then I decided to try out some different colours to give the effect of an old sepia photograph. So this time I used the following Distress ink pads: Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo.
Then I added the circles as before, using a white Brilliance ink pad.
Really love this stamp, and the sentiment seemed really appropriate too. I used Potting Soil archival.
All I needed to do was to simply mat the artwork on some matching dark brown card before sticking to an 8" x 8" card blank.
I hope you like it. I've really enjoyed giving this technique a go, and I love the effect it gives. I'll definitely be doing it again. Till next time. Xxx