Monday, 5 June 2017

Sew happy to be part of the Clarity Design team!

Hello there!  I can't believe how long it is since I last blogged.  How time flies!  I really must get back into the habit, as I do enjoy our little chats and sharing some of my projects to hopefully inspire you.

As I remembered to take photos while I was making it, I thought I'd share this card I made using the tag and haberdashery stamps.  Masking isn't difficult, but it does require a bit of logical thinking.  I'll often have a practice run on a piece of copy paper to make sure I'm happy with the layout and to make sure I'm clear on the order I need to stamp everything in.

Stamp the largest tag into place, the mannequin and the sentiment in sepia archival, then cover with a mask.  Its always worth while taking time to position the mask accurately, a task that's not always as easy as it sounds.

Stamp one of the smaller tags in place to the side, overlapping slightly.

And again at the other side.  Put the outie mask into position.

Stamp the pincushion and thimble into place;  remove the outie mask, and cover up with the innie mask.

Repeat the process on the other side, this time using the scissors and the tape measure.  Its always worth covering up your card with an extra couple of post-its to prevent any unhappy accidents (and, how does she know this, I wonder?)

Remove the outie mask and cover with the innie.

Repeat again with the last 2 tags;  using the outie mask to allow you to stamp through onto the tag, and then the innie mask which allows you to overlap the stamps if desired, and create the illusion of one being behind the other.

Here we are with all the tags covered with their innie masks.

Using second generation ink, randomly stamp the fabric scrap from the journaling set in pink to ground the tags.

To disguise a little paw print, I added a couple of stitching lines (also from the same journaling set).

Lightly brush pink ink across the bottom of the card.

Remove the masks and go round the edge with a brown sharpie pen.  Add a little bit of shading with coloured pencils.  For a final touch, I decided to decoupage the largest tag, splattering ink and adding ribbon.  I gathered a tiny piece of tulle for a skirt and glued onto the mannequin, leaving some of the threads loose.  Finally this was glued into place, then the card was mounted onto a card blank. 

Hope you like it and you feel inspired to try out something similar yourself.  I'd love to see what you do. 

I'm hoping Mr Postman arrives with the stamps for Maria's next shows tomorrow.  I think you're going to love them;  the designs look fabulous, I can't wait to get started.  Till next time.  Xxx