I thought I would share one of my favourite samples from last months Clarity show on Hochanda. using a technique I learned at one of Maria Simms workshops in Shrewsbury. Thank you Maria!
It was really easy to do.
- I dragged grunge paste through the chicken wire stencil and left to dry.
- Using the tags stencil, I cut out a tag, glued a cardboard 'nut' into position, and painted both pieces with blue acrylic paint.
- Once this was dry, I painted both pieces with black acrylic paint, then wiped some off with a baby wipe (if I'm honest, a few baby wipes!!!!) I deliberately left it quite grungy as I wanted this 'dirty' industrial look.
- Then I dry brushed with a tiny bit of silver acrylic paint to highlight.
- The sentiment was stamped in versamark and embossed with silver detail powder.
- Some screw head brads, and then matted and layered to finish.
I have to admit I was really pleased with this one, I hope you like it too. Till next time. Xxx