Monday 26 March 2018

Peacock feathers

Hello there!  Hope some of you are still here waiting for this long overdue blog post.  I thought I'd break myself in gently with a short post with instructions for one of the cards I made for Barbara's show from the NEC using a couple of the peacock feather stamps designed by Linda Williams. 


DISTRESS INK PAD - PEACOCK FEATHERS INK-DP-50091-XX
Wilted violet distress ink pad
Blueprint sketch distress ink pad
FRAMEWORK SQUARES STENCIL 7" X 7" STE-PA-00424-77
VERSAMARK INK PAD INK-VE-50221-XX
EMBOSSING POWDER - DETAIL GOLD ACC-EM-30237-XX 
Colouring pencils 
Black Sharpie pen 

Mask off 3 squares of the framework stencil
Blend the inks through with a sponge and sprinkle with a little water for texture 
Dust with talc, then stamp the feathers with versamark and emboss with detail gold powder
Add colour with pencils
Edge with a black Sharpie pen and mount onto a card blank to finish 

And there you have it.  Things don't always have to be complicated.  I will try harder to get back into the habit of blogging more regularly.  Till next time.  Love xxx


5 comments:

  1. Fab card Barbara...i am afraid my blog is very neglected too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. So much so I had to buy the stamps. Stamping really is my first love and looking at your card has made me realise that so thank you. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card thanks for the details of how you did it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Barbara. it sounds easy so will have a go. Maybe it has helped you get your blog started again lol.xx

    ReplyDelete