Sunday 19 February 2017

Sketchy lady colour wheel

Hello there.  Just realised I never got round to blogging this sample from January's Claritystamp show.  It was so nice to revisit some old stamps and create something new. 

I decided to use sketchy lady's outfit to create a colour wheel.  So first, I had a quick play on copy paper to make sure the idea would work, and to choose the colours.  I used distress inks:  candied apple, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, lucky clover, mermaid lagoon and wilted violet. 


Then I had a further practice run perfecting the positioning.  So now we're ready to go for it.  Be aware that this is a substantial piece of artwork, so you'll need to start with a piece of card approx 12" square.

I started first by making a deluxe, exclusive piece of equipment as taught by my dear friend Maria Simms at her Shrewsbury workshops. 

Punch a circle from some copy paper, and fold and mark into the required number of equal sections:  I went for 12 here.  Use a piece of blu-tac to hold it in place in the middle of the card.


I started by stamping 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock into place.  You can see how I lined up her toe with the marks.


Now its just a matter of working around the circle, lining up sketchy lady's toe with the marks each time.


Lift off your deluxe, exclusive piece of equipment, and there you have a perfect circle at the centre of your wheel.


I worked my way round from 12 o'clock, masking off the outie of each sketchy lady in turn, while I coloured her outfit.  I really love the rainbow effect and some of the colour blends I achieved.  To finish, I used my polychromos to add a little colour to the face and feet, and edged with a black sharpie pen.


I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it.  I'll be back soon.  Till next time.  Xxx

3 comments:

  1. Such a bright cheerful card. The fabulous results were well worth the preparation and effort of lining up all those toes. Hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright cheerful card. The fabulous results were well worth the preparation and effort of lining up all those toes. Hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete