Hello there. I hope you are all well. Looking forward to 3 extra Clarity shows with Barbara Gray on Thursday, so don't forget to tune into Hochanda at 11am, 3pm and 5pm; or set to record them if you can. There's some great new goodies! Today I thought I would blog this bottle from the last show as a step by step. I really want you to be able to look and think "I could do that!"
When I saw the poppies, I just knew I had to make something special. We lost my dad in November 2014, and poppies were his favourite flower; so for me they always have an extra significance of remembering...
I sponged on Paperartsy Fresco Finish paint in Chartreuse (this was from a limited edition set, but you could try Limelight for a similar effect), gradually getting lighter as I moved up the bottle. This is a translucent one for a softer finish.
It only takes a couple of minutes to dry, and you can help it along with a heat gun too. Ready for the second coat now; chartreuse (or limelight) again, but not coming quite so far up the bottle.
Next I mixed tinned peas with chartreuse and sponged again. Just not coming up so far as the previous layer to get a graduated effect.
The final layer was done with a mix of chartreuse and Hyde Park paint. This was a lot darker so I had to blend well.
Then I sponged on some Flitterglu (this is from Indigoblu and is fab for gilding glakes). I used variegated copper gilding flakes; the mix of golds and greens in this colourway are fabulous.
Looks pretty cool I think, but this is only the start.
At the same time as I did all the steps above, I also prepared some tissue which would be used to decoupage the bottle. The meadow grasses and poppies were stamped in black archival, and the flowers coloured with spectrum noir pencils.
These were then cut out, ready to be mod podged onto the bottle. You can see from the pictures below that the cutting out doesn't need to be perfect.
Decoupage the grasses and poppies onto the bottle with mod podge, then seal with a couple of thin coats used as a matt varnish.
I also used some of the same tissue to cover an MDF heart and rubbed gilding wax round the edges and a touch of glitter.
A piece of wire and a few beads to make a hanging loop for the tag, and that's it! I always enjoy the challenge of making something more than just a card. I hope you like it.
I'll be back soon to blog my samples for Thursday's shows and for the new Claritystamp challenge which launches next Tuesday. You still have time to enter this month's challenge on the theme of love to be in with a chance of winning a £50 voucher to spend on Clarity goodies. Now, wouldn't that be nice...
Well the sun is shining, so we're off out for a walk to make the most of our last day off work. Its back to normal tomorrow! Till next time. Xxx